Friday, September 09, 2005

Best of Friends


So I mentioned Anna's friend Kaylee Ellis (daughter of Dave and Danielle (Williamson) Ellis) in my last post. Here's a pic of Anna and Kaylee earlier this summer playing @ our house in more "dress up" clothes. Sensing a theme here? Anyway, these are actually my dance costumes from childhood that my mom saved for me.
Anna and Kaylee have an unusual friendship for little girls their age. They really do enjoy seeing each other and have a pretty good time playing together. Their sharing issues are fairly limited and the last time Anna spent the day @ the Ellis', they even took their naps in the afternoon together in the same room. We pray that they'll be lifelong friends but for now, it's fun to see them have someone to connect to and spend time with.
Aren't Kaylee's curls adorable?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
wild violets said...

Are those curls natural? They're definitely adorable! What a cute pair of girls. It's so neat that you get to live around college buddies!

Cherie from the Queen of Free said...

They are very natural - I think they wear Danielle out sometimes. We always joke that Greenwood is Wilmore in IN as it seems everybody is an Asbury alum around these parts. The Ellis' live less than a mile from us - cut through a neighborhood and you're there. It's been a blessing but of course we don't get together nearly as much as we should. Dave's sister Kristen (who was my roommate for half of my junior year) lives nearby, too. We get together on a fairly regular basis but not as often as I'd like. :) Our pastor and his wife are Asburians (they would have graduated just before we got there), a couple of girls from my unit my Sr. year (Cathy (Volkman) Satre and Bonnie Brunner) live pretty nearby, Franco Salvatori (he and Staci are getting ready to move to OH though), Anna (Matthews) Warner, Kim (Lake) Gayle, Brad and Andrea Davis... these are all folks we've caught glimpses of in the community from time to time. Actually we ran into both Cathy and Anna in Meijer just last week. Small world, huh? Plus I've met several folks who are much older than us are either Asburians or know someone who has gone there.