Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Am I still a credible source of information?

So yesterday, I was expounding upon the demographic shifts in the United States, post World War II in the hopes of preparing my students for their final exam (and honestly to prepare myself to grade their final exam) which is tomorrow. All of the sudden I forgot the cardinal "Four on the Floor" rule which I learned in 2nd grade and I'm sure impressed upon others when I worked for the church. And whoooop.... in a matter of seconds I scooted forward, fell on the floor and the high backed chair I was sitting in came down over the top of me. So I of course realizing that I was not bleeding or majorly injured began to giggle uncontrollably. What else can you do? And the students snickered too. I had to promise them that I indeed could read, did know what I was talking about - although how could they believe me since apparently I can't even sit upright - who knows what I am truly capable of?!?! And also I promised them I had not yet been drinking that day. I laughed it off but seriously, does God really need to humble me in such a humiliating way? I guess so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Dr. Spann did something similar when I was in his history class. And I believe Dr. McKinley did something like that when Erich was in his class. So, you must be destined for a professorship. :-)

Cherie from the Queen of Free said...

Hmmm . . . either that or a wheelchair. We'll have to see.