Friday, June 23, 2006

Yesterday's Ride

22.6 miles in 90 degree heat in a bit under 2 hours.

All in all, a very good ride. The funniest part of it was that I had no bike bag and my dad's mountain bike (I was down in Sullivan County again) has a water bottle spot but no water bottle. So, I took Anna's small ballerina backpack - think bright pink, ballet shoes, with a nice bedazzled jewel - and filled it with 3 cold bottles of water and my mom's cell phone. I'm sure I looked very "special" riding down the road with a preschooler's bag on my back.

No soreness today (a teeny bit stiff when I first got up this AM but totally clear now) and I could have ridden longer. Luckily I dodged a huge storm. 10 minutes after I returned it let loose and POURED for the next hour and an half. Unfortunately, I had planned to ride as far or further this AM but the rain was continual during the time I needed to go. Next time, I'm riding 50. :)

No comments: